Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Who owns the fish?" solution!

Yesterday in class (Friday, May 20), I distributed a word puzzle to students. In the puzzle, students had to determine which of the 5 people owned the fish.

I told everyone that they could find the solution online and that I would post a link to the solution on this blog. After I posted the link, I discovered a mistake in the solution!

The solution online says that the German owns the fish. This solution is correct for the version of the puzzle online, but the version I gave you is actually a little bit different.

Here is the online version.

Take a look at the fifth line. My handout reads, "The green house owner drinks tea," but the version online reads, "The green house's owner drinks coffee." Obviously, this difference changes the outcome of the puzzle.

The correct answer to the puzzle (for the handout I gave) is that the Dane owns the fish. I'm sorry for the mistake; it must have been very frustrating for those of you who worked hard on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment